Sunday, January 13, 2008

VIP Visitor

One of the great things about living in Nevada's State Capital (yes, Carson City IS the state capital) is many a politician will stop by our little 2 horse town and make an appearance.
Jack Carter made an appearance in his run for the senate right after I moved here.
Hilary was here shortly after kicking off her presedential campaign.
Tomorrow evening:

Barack! Here! In Carson City.

I have my ticket. The event is one block from the office I work in on Mondays. I am so excited to see and hear this man speak. Nevadans caucus next Saturday so the timing couldn't be better. I am wondering if we will see Hilary again before the week is out. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is SO cool. I don't yet have any idea about which candidate I support, but it would still be amazing to hear him speak. He's got quite the gift for public speaking.

Be sure to let us know how it goes!

Marilyn said...

So glad you're going (I saw the event listed at his site and wondered if you would be.) :) My Mom saw him in Vegas...oh, gosh...last Spring? She was quite thrilled (sat near the front) and said he's a great speaker. Look forward to hearing what you have to say after Monday night. She called me today to say CNN was covering live his speech at a Vegas church...but I was out running errands and missed the call.

Nikki Neurotic said...

Oh, lucky you! The last presidential candidate that came to my city was Bush Senior. Hopefully this election will get some attention.