Monday, April 10, 2006

Mondaze


Headed into Reno today to run some errands and get a photo of Flat Stanley at the Reno Arch. The Truckee River was running fast and furious through town. There was a tremendous amount of traffic in the downtown area due to the protests regarding the immigration issue. Perhaps, not the smartest day to go but the call of Pollo Loco and Trader Joe's were too strong. That isn't why I went but it was a nice reward. Pollo Loco is all over Los Angeles. I have found one here, in Reno. Good chicken, all sorts of dishes with chicken, chicken fast food that doesn't look like it will clog your arteries as you eat it. When I lived in SF and LA there was a Trader Joe's within 5 minutes of my residence. There is one here, it's in Reno. So, I drive to Reno, it's about 30-40 minutes, and take care of things that you can only do in Reno.
Flat Stanley needed to visit Reno anyway.

When I was deciding to make the move to Nevada I considered Reno as an option to Carson City. My concern being that Carson City was small for a city girl and the city type atmosphere of Reno might suit me better. Not so much, I decided. I'm drawn to the University of Nevada at Reno and the art museums and the performance spaces in Reno but I'll travel there to enjoy them. Turns out I wanted more open space, more quiet, less city. Suprised myself even. I'm happier that I live close to Highway 50, which climbs over the mountains and drops right into South Lake Tahoe.
City smitty...I'll take pretty.

I've been trying to master adding things on to my blog this evening. I've figured out a few things but it took a while to get the "weather pixie" up. She's pretty cute and comes in various incarnations. I can't seem to get my book list up the way I want it, there's some time to be spent there. I finally got a blog roll going and last night I spent an inordinate amount of time reading other blogs, following links to other blogs and generally being nosy and giving myself mouse thumb...as in - ouch is that a cramp!

I'm looking at a long work week ahead of me topped off by a much needed visit to the Bay Area to see family. Yea!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

And the blogging addiction kicks into full gear... ;) Hey, The Donut Report makes its first blogroll...thanks!

Becca said...

the pixie is cute-she really looks like you