Sunday, April 09, 2006

Girls Night


A co-worker of mine hosted a Body Shop at Home party on friday night. I went and dragged my sister along to show support and check out the goodies. We spent too much money but that's part of the lure. You can spend the whole evening sampling the wares to extreme if you like. I would never have lingered over these products in a store for the length of time I did the other night. I do have a weakness for bath products and lip gloss so I had fun picking out stuff for myself. The Body Shop has a new scent that is a really yummy citrus, something I prefer to fruity scents, that I invested in. It doesn't hurt that The Body Shop is an ecologically and community building company. You gotta respect that. The really fun part though was meeting my co-workers friends. It was an eclectic group and they were hecka fun to spend time with. My co-worker is a delightful young (26) woman who has already lived one heck of an interesting life. She reminds me of my college age niece in her sense of humor and the way she talks sometimes. The longer we work together the more I like her. Meeting her friends was the icing on the cake. All were engaging and intelligent and funny. All at that age of trying to figure out how to do this life and work thing. All with distinct looks, hair, tattoos. From my mother on down the women in my family have always enjoyed spending time with and observing the younger generation and do not shy away from befriending them and embracing them. It keeps you young, reminds you where you have been, and keeps your mind open. It is easy to be harsh and judgemental of a younger generation, how they decide to create their identity and spend their time. Spend time in a room with a group of them and they will make you laugh, show you that some things never change, suprise you with their hopes and plans. It was a great evening.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Wait...you mean WE'RE not the younger generation anymore??! Crap.

Hey, I'm so behind on email...what time you think you'll be coming through here on Saturday?