Monday, April 03, 2006

Bob


This is Bob. I'm sure Bob has another name. I'm fairly certain Bob is a girl. Bob probably has another home but Bob likes to hang out in my backyard. Bob defends his turf (my backyard) against other cats who feel inclined to wander across the fence or the deck. Bob is very affectionate with humans which leads me to believe Bob has humans some place else. I know all this. I am a cat person with strong cat intuition. So when my spousal unit decided that Bob looked hungry and we should feed Bob I knew where this was going to go. Bob is going to end up either very fat or Bob will end up being our next cat. I don't mind this, I like cats. Bob has to stay outdoors because Zeke (my cat) is an indoor cat and quite happy being the sole recepient of my affection and food. Bob and Zeke eye each other through the screen. The hissing has stopped, that's a good thing. None of this is a problem except now I worry about Bob. Bob appears on the deck and at the door everyday now. This evening it was raining and I was concerned about Bob being outdoors in the rain, regardless of the fact that Bob is clearly an outdoor cat, and Bob would not leave the deck so I fretted and worried about Bob until I finally saw Bob head under the deck. I, of course, am developing an attachment to Bob.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

You've given new meaning to "What about Bob?" :)

Dolores said...

Bob is no dummy; food "more food" is always good!!!!

Becca said...

bob looks like a purrrr'r