Monday, August 07, 2006

Welcome!


This is what you will see after you walk up to my door, lean over and admire the cherry tree on the side of the house, and then turn around. Those lovely mountain peaks. AAAHHHH!

As you can see I live on a hill which I like. The other good thing is that the driveway now has a southern exposure and that will come in very handy come snow season. At our rental we had a north facing driveway. It was rather disheartening to be out shoveling the driveway when all the houses with south facing driveways were clear thanks to the sun exposure. I anticipate less need to shovel the driveway this winter and that is a nice bonus.

There's a hint of excitement in the air. Rumor has it Trader Joe's is coming to Carson City. No one seems to know just where this store will be but there's also a rumor of a September opening. There are several new buildings going up in the Topsy Lane shopping area which is 2 stop lights from my house and 2 new buildings that are almost completed in the Target shopping center which is 1 stop light from my house.. There are several empty retail establishments in Carson City that may be likely candidates as well. Either way I will be a happy camper. Once again I will have a Trader Joe's close to my house.

Nevada elections are coming up and with it the vast quantities of campaign signage that goes with it. From one end of Carson City to the other and down to Minden and Gardnerville there are signs everywhere. I'm watching the Jack Carter (D) for Senate race closely and the race for governor. That one is a no brainer for me. I always vote pro-choice and Dina Titus (D) is pro-choice. It's that simple. As in California so shall it be in Nevada, I hope. I'm a woman, it's my body, etc. It's important for the younger generation of women to have choices, options, access to Planned Parenthood, education. None of these things are to be taken lightly. Many fought hard for a woman's right to choose and I'd like to see that right upheld.

As I wobble off my soapbox I'll remind you to vote for whom ever floats your boat.
Exercise your right to choose.

2 comments:

Becca said...

what a view. I learned something new about you today. Pro-choice, is exaclty that -your right to choose. It is also a nod to the people that fought for these choices.

Marilyn said...

Lovely! Is Nevada predominantly Republican? For some reason I got that idea reading a bit about it when Mom first moved to Vegas...