Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Suprised


My co-workers threw me a house-warming lunch today at work. It was such a nice suprise. There was lunch with deli sliced meat and cheese, amazing wheat rolls, an awesome fruit salad, and potato salad as well. Then we capped it off with a chocolate cream pie.....tipped over with glee I was. Then there were presents. I couldn't believe it! How sweet and thoughtful was that? What a great gang I work with. They graced me with an amazingly soft chenille throw to cuddle up in. A beautiful silver candle holder and candle with a yummy sugar and floral scent, a spice rack with stuff I might actually use...there were jokes about the possibility of me cooking. A great welcome sign for my door. The topper though is a beautiful watercolor painting. This painting was at work one day. My co-worker L.'s mother is an artist. The painting was L.'s. She had brought it to work so her mother could pick it up for a show she wanted it included in. I just loved it. L. assured me that her mother would paint something for me in the future. Lo and behold, L. gave me the painting I loved so much. This photo doesn't do it justice, there's so much shading and delicate detail it is hard to believe it is watercolor. L.'s mom is truly gifted and I am proud to display such a beautiful piece in my new home.

Though we do have a penchant for luncheon's and party's and dessert at work, especially for birthdays and I joked that they did this because they needed a reason and my birthday is too far off, I'm truly touched that they would have a lunch for me and give me gifts for my new house. Sweet, Sweet day.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

What a sweet and thoughtful idea to throw a housewarming party at WORK. Fabulous! And I love the painting.