Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Step On In


Have I got your attention now?
Finally, today I got my first look at the new Dillard's store in the new mall that opened in May, the Sierra Summit. My friend K. and I decided to meet in the shoe department at Dillard's because we both had heard from various other women that the shoe department is a sight to behold in an area severly lacking in BIG shoe departments. We entered the store and this long expanse of shoes lined the entire right side of the store, it extended out to what appeared to be the horizon. In typical girl fashion we both let out a huge "aahhh" and proceeded to browse for upwards of an hour. Stocked to the rafters with cute shoes, reasonably priced shoes, some expensive salon shoes, a few really ugly shoes, and a ridiculous 40 something woman taking pictures. And this that you see is only about a third of the department. I was shoe-phoric. I did, alas, settle for living vicariously through my friend as she bought several pairs. The trip itself was designed to distract me from obcessing over what I hope will be fabulous, big news but I'm not ready to disclose it until said news is confirmed and positive and oh, I can't talk about it....it was a great distraction.
Though the mall is severly lacking in eating establishments at this point, there are several restaurants that should be moving in soon. It is not pedestrian friendly. My idea would be to build a huge parking garage somewhere behind the mall where you can go park your car and grab a golf cart to cruise around the place, or a scooter, maybe a tram like at disneyland....Still, if you just want to pop into Williams Sonoma you just pull up right in front of the store. I'm curious if this actually works on a weekend during prime shopping hours and I'm not sure it will be easy at all when the snow falls...and yes, I am that easily distracted by a room full of shoes, though my mind keep trying to figure out "If the big news happens will I be able to come back anytime soon and actually buy a couple pair?"

3 comments:

Becca said...

I have an idea of what the big news might be. Your expecting? Okay, no.. but for no reason I get the sense I may know.

kyrie said...

you know, when i read your blog, it sounded like you're expecting... but as Rebecca put it, I dont really think so. But is sure freakin sounds like it. And how come Becca might know what it is?! Secrets don't make friends Aunty!!! ;0)

Marilyn said...

I must admit that "expecting" wasn't the first thing that came to mind...although that would be fabulous, too. :) When I lived in Portland, I worked in the tower connected to Lloyd Center...I could often be found during lunch hours wandering through the shoe dept at Nordstrom's...I did that many, many times...which is odd, since I never actually bought anything. :)