Tuesday, May 30, 2006

New Vocabulary


Lots of new words today. ESCROW! Mortgage...contract...pest inspection. Yup, I'm in escrow! First day in fact. All I know is I am sitting and staring at my rental house and wondering what the hell I should do. I actually don't believe this is happening or I am in major denial that I am 45 days away from moving into a house that will be mine. Of course, we all know the slight shiver and dread of moving and here I am...doing it again!!! Jeezus, I am crazy! Plus, first house buying adventure = I really don't know what the hell happens here. Luckily, my realtor and my lender seem to be bonding over my new escrow status and I am feeling like I don't have to worry much. I can console myself with the fact that the move itself should be fairly easy. Four blocks from my current residence...I'm thinking, if I am lucky I can round up all my co-workers and all their SUV/trucks and just have them shuttle back and forth while I load and unload...of course, I'm not sure they would volunteer their services but I'm not shy...I'll ask....I'll weeddle...I'll cajole...or I'll rent a truck for a day and shuttle it back and forth.

Needless to say there's a bit of excitement afoot. A lovely little house, a bit smaller than my rental, nicely painted, new tile, high ceilings, small (read: manageable) back yard with deck, view of my beloved mountains, appliances included. Phew, I'm getting choked up here...so let the list making begin while I mull over the pressing question of "What about Bob?"

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh, HERE are the details. :) Sounds perfectly wonderful. And, indeed, what ABOUT Bob? ;)

kyrie said...

YAY!!! I am so happy for you! I cant wait to see your new little house. and remember, it is actually YOUR house.

Becca said...

the house is adorable. We can't wait to see more. Congrats you deserve this.

The G Family said...

Congratulations!! How exciting!