Saturday, March 31, 2007

Rock Gardening

Still Life for Gardening
Yup, these are the essentials for a bit of yardwork. Though it appears to the naked eye that my yard is a stretch of lawn surrounded by rocks, therein lies the problems. WEEDS! In and around and under the rocks. I spent my morning outside pushing rocks around. It was a pretty morning for it and after about 2 hours and the wind kicking up I was done. I did have some great tunes on the CD (no IPOD for me, yet). My good friend JK in Portland sent me a CD for my birthday entitled "Groovy Tunes for Jeri". It's a really cool mix of belly dance music, some malian guitar, what I think is a french song, and some stuff that sounds like european techno. If you are familiar with Khaled, Ali Farka Toure, or Anne Dudley & Jaz Coleman you know what I am talking about. If not check them out, expand your horizons, listen to the world.
Hidden from view and tucked near a post of the deck is this beauty.


Odd place. No idea whence she came. Decided to just let her be. Perhaps more will sprout up.

I am also the proud owner of a new shovel. Gift from MMspouse. It's a fine shovel and should come in handy transplanting a pitiful little rose bush shoved into a corner of the fence with very little light and no attention. We must bring her into the light, bath her in water and see if she will again bloom the way nature intended it. That was my day. Mystery pansies and rock gardening.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy, you ARE a good wife. Not only doing the yardwork, but graciously accepting the gift of a shovel. If J gave me a shovel...I'd likely bonk him on the head with it... ;)

(Thanks for your email.) xoxo