Saturday, February 24, 2007

Wishes Granted

Yes it was my birthday last week. Yes I got my chocolate wishes and cupcake dreams, literally!

MM spouse was smart to get me This. Which I parsed out to myself and was actually able to get a good 7 days out of which is amazing considering I can clean out a box in less than a weekend.

MMniece really took the cake, ha..pun, with this though.


Sprinkles cupcake mix from Here . One of the few really great things that I miss in LA. My office in Beverly Hills was a half block up and a half block over from this store. When it first opened there were lines out the door everyday. I couldn't understand the frenzy other than anything in Bev Hills is reason for a frenzy. However, once the lines quieted down and I took a stroll in and recovered from my price shock (again, Beverly Hills) there was the necessary tasting of several types which I had boxed up and took back to my office where we all had a sample of each of the six I purchased. Pretty damn good cupcakes! Heavenly! It was all I could do to keep from going there. I made it a once a month treat. More than that and I would have required a 12 step meeting. So, imagine my delight when my niece presented me with this. Whee! I get to make my own! I am planning an afternoon date with my sister to cook 'em up.

Serious goodies helped stem the rather funkadelic mental bout of insanity I was having. Primarily this occurred a week prior to my birthday. For whatever reason I decided to descend into a funk of which I haven't seen the likes of in a very long time. Cranky and crabby and feeling off kilter. For some reason this birthday snuck up on me. Mid-life? Perhaps. Strange feelings of life up to this point not being enough. The funny part of it was that even if I had won a Nobel Prize in Literature or invented the cure for AIDS, or discovered water on Jupiter: my mind was having none of it. Nothing would have been enough. That was the jist of it. Once I wrapped my mind around that I decided it was nothing more than the fact that my birthday is an odd number this year, ending in 9. I am not a fan of odd numbered years or the number 9. I am actually very happy with even numbers, I especially like 8, the midpoint of 5 doesn't bother me much. This one just made me cranky. Hence, I am already planning a big trip for next year's even number ending in 0. This should help me beat back the birthday blues should they dare make an appearance again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's to fab cupcake mix! Really, you hate 9?? Gee, and I consider it my lucky number. ;) My birthday's the 9th...J's is the 29th...and our 'anniversary' is the 9th. I've always told him the ONLY way I'll marry him is if the date has a 9 in it...but then I feel weird about shoving aside that 9 date we've celebrated for 12 years already. :) Of course the fact that you love 8 is a good thing, since in numerology that's the money number. (Needless to say, I have no 8's in my chart...ha!) Sorry to hear about the funk. I think I've reached an age (since I've got a few on ya) where I've come to realize that a little of that sadness might just be a part of the game from this point on.

kyrie said...

I am sorry about the funk, but now that can be put aside and you can start getting excited about italy. start doing research and buying travel books. saving that bit of money in your "italy dream" account. I hate odd numbers too. I much rather be 20 than 21.
but this is another year. another year to accomplish your dreams and do what you want to do. :0)

Becca said...

no funky chicken... Im glad you like the cupcakes. I can't wait to hear how yummy they are

Dolores said...

Please come over and make the cupcakes...........I need one badly!!!! funkity, funk, funk