Saturday, May 20, 2006

Twentysomething


This lovely, slightly windswept visage is the reason I went to see this guy last night.

Had she been here her two aunties would have taken her with them. Alas, she is in Flagstaff preparing for or recovering from a fabulous cocktail party to usher in her 20th year. My niece has amazing and impeccable musical taste and for that I am grateful since I am at a point in my life where "keeping up" is not always on my list of things to do. She played Jamie Cullum's CD for me two years ago while visiting for the holidays. She raved about his talent and his song writing abilities. She was spot on. I am so glad I got to see him perform live and I was enamoured with his music, his stage presence, and his impish CUTENESS.

For the birthday girl, you are loved and cherished. And thanks for keeping the aunties up to date.
But I'm still having fun and I guess that's the key
I'm a twentysomething and I'll keep being me
THESE ARE THE DAYS
-jamie cullum-

1 comment:

kyrie said...

I am so jealous!!! But, it sounds like you had an amazing time. I am glad you got to enjoy it. That song, is now my new song. I love you, and than you for all you have done.