Monday, May 08, 2006

Lovely


This is the latest bit of color to bloom in my backyard. I have no idea what it is but it is lovely and beautiful and has a faint scent similar to jasmine. I had no idea that pampas grass, of which I have three large clumps, blooms little yellow flowers. They are just starting to bud. I've got two trees that are blooming flowers and the wind whisks the tiny blooms all over the yard, pink and magenta dots along the ground cover. It's strangely pretty. Watching the yard come to life this spring is really fun and it changes everyday. Not so fun is the ongoing weeding and the dang dandilions but I am making progress even though I lose interest after about an hour. It's alot like cleaning house, once it's done you can sit back and enjoy and admire your work, the process...ugh...

My current residence is a rental. That makes becoming so fond of my backyard a challenge because it may not be mine for long but I am bound by my lease to care for it, which I would do anyway because it is so lovely...there's a good chance that once I am settled in a home of my own I will try to replicate what I see here because I am delighted by it. I met with my mortgage broker last week and updated all my information with new bank stuff and new work stuff and he is crunching numbers to get me pre-approved, yet again, so that I can start my house hunting. Oy, it is so weird sitting there with him. My stomach tightens and all sorts of strange thoughts pass through my head....mostly just a loop of "oh, is it enough? It has to be enough. Do I qualify to buy a nice house or a shack??" Stuff like that. Doesn't matter that I've done this before with him and know pretty much what the numbers will be, the whole house thing just seems to create a smidgin of doubt, a rolling of the stomach. Then once the house hunting begins...you know there's those nights when you are weighing options, trying to decide, tossing out what you don't want, trying to find what you do want, putting in bids....EECCKK, I sleep badly as it is. I don't cheer to the thought of the process. Who knew I'd be so enamoured with skylights in the living room or a gas stove or a built in microwave. Honestly, I just want to buy my rental. How great would that be?

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

That would be great. :) And those blooms are lovely. Boy, oh boy, is stuff blooming and flying around here, too...my allergies have been HORRIBLE this week. :)