Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Flowers for Mom


Flowering Pampas grass???

There wasn't alot of talk about it. In fact, it got strangely quiet as the day got closer. D and I chuckled about the silence. It must be a genetic thing that the women in my family start ignoring an approaching birthday. Still, of course, we all remembered. When I heard from her today she told me that those geographically close to her remembered too and suprised her with goodies and presents and this makes me happy that she had a lovely day. I serenaded her answering maching first thing this morning with a froggy voiced-just woke up rendition of happy birthday. And here I post flowers for her to see that are blooming in my backyard. She's the gardener, green thumb in our family so when there's a question there are phone calls and e-mails until I know what the heck to do. Imagine my suprise as I got older that the old sayings "listen to your mother" "mom's always right" are actually true in my case. My mom knows an awful lot and I benefit from it daily.

Happy Birthday, Mom! You totally rock! I love you.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

And a Happy Birthday to her, too! :)