Saturday, March 04, 2006

Snow Day



This is the view from my back yard deck. Not only is it an awesome deck but this view grabs my soul and soothes it. I make it a point everyday no matter the weather to walk out there and look at it. Of course, when it is snowing it's enshrouded in dense clouds which is pretty cool. Yesterday I woke up to 4 inches of snow. It may be because I am new here, and snow as an occurence hasn't been a regular part of my life unless I go in search of it, but I absolutely love the pristine appearance of new fallen snow. I saw the aspen tree in the back yard and even before my coffee I had to tromp out there and get a picture of it.



Okay, part of that is new digital camera mania which is that much more exciting because I can put them on my computer and my blog. Still, I am easily disappointed if the weatherman predicts I will wake up to snow and it's not there. One of the benefits of living in Carson City versus Lake Tahoe (and who wouldn't want to live in Lake Tahoe) is that the snow often doesn't stick around for very long or pile too high. I have shoveled my driveway a few times mostly for safety sake and to keep the ice to a minimum. Over in Tahoe, those folks are digging there cars out all the time. Enlisting their friends with snowplows mounted on trucks to come get them out. As beautiful as it is there that's a lot of work just to get to work....

I don't know if my affection for the snow will fade but it is always a welcome suprise when I wake up to a beautiful winter wonderland in my backyard.

2 comments:

Becca said...

I wanna make a snow angel. The fluffy stuff looks enticing.

Marilyn said...

Wow, what a view! It's kinda freaky to think that we haven't touched snow in 6 years. :)