Saturday, February 02, 2008

Bold Color

One of my holiday gifts was a gift card to the GAP. The reason being I have been wanting something (RED) that I have yet to see in stores. So with gift card in hand there was online shopping and viola: T-shirts. The Red one is for hiking, me thinks and the black is for sleeping in.

I love when I can be a consumer and do good at the same time.

Once those lovelies arrived I was indeed inspired. I have the most boring color beige on my walls and it is time to be bold and put some color on them. Enough with the vascillating, the indecisiveness, time to pick a color and just do it! Here's the niche high up on one wall (there are 2 in the living room) that is so blah you can hardly see it.
Challenging? Yes. Hanging off the ledge and trying to paint was interesting but oh my goodness what a nice change it is.
Both of them look stunning. This niche is going to house two prints I have that MMspouse was kind enough to have framed for me over the holidays. I just love them and the colors were my inspiration. So there is much painting going on here. I've finished the niches and moved on to a wall that leads to a hallway and painted it a very striking Burgundy/Merlot. It is dark but I like it. I'll get a picture of that when the light is better in the house. It's overcast today. Meanwhile, I've started on the master bath today with a tuscan/brickish color that I think will look swell with the new towels I was given and my dusty blue stuff. We shall see. Next, something soothing and light on the walls but with a hint of color. The paint bug has bitten. Meanwhile, I am also working on a mirror that has traveled through my family. It was initially my sister's. Then my niece had it. She passed it on to me. It is lovely and beveled. The Gold frame is not really me so I have decided to apply a riot of color. Seriously, I am just making it up as I go along. I'm liking it so far.

Color is the theme for February for me. It is helping keep the winter blahs at bay.

6 comments:

Nikki Neurotic said...

Nice colors...especially the (Red) shirts. I think I might pick up one or two next time I go clothes shopping and support the cause.

Shelby said...

I do like red. good good good :)

Stephanie said...

LOVE the color red! Painting with color is highly addictive, and you have the best cure for beating the February blahs.

Yolanda said...

I like the red shirts and walls. We have a red bathroom

Marilyn said...

Good for you! Loving the red! (She says, sitting in her red bathrobe.) ;)cs

Becca said...

Wow , you have been ispi-RED for sure Cant wait to see all the changes in a few weeks.