Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Cold and Clear

Eastern Sierra Nevada Range: Jan. 17, 20007

This is what cold and clear looks like up here in the mountains. Brrrr.....

There seems to be some very cold weather sweeping across the states including a reported 30 degrees in LA during the Golden Globes Awards (yea, America Ferrera). Never saw weather that cold when I was living there. In fact, I did not wear socks, EVER, the entire time I lived there...well, okay, except to hike in my sneakers...but that was it...I lived in flip flops and sandals and such. It must have been rather shocking to have to turn the heater on in the car while stuck on the 405 in rush hour traffic.

Meanwhile, here in the mountains in winter, it is cold like you would expect. I am one who delights in chilly weather so that I can break out the gloves, and scarfs, and hats...I find the fashion part of it fun regardless of the fact that there are really no fashionable coats that will keep you really warm so hats and gloves and scarfs go along way as accessories.

I am spending time tweaking my blog or shall I say re-organizing my blog in accordance with the new Blogger that claims to be easier to maneuver, etc...HA! Still takes time and reading and re-reading what ever it is they are asking you before you get the idea. Though they do offer new help with lists so prepare yourself for ridiculous lists populating the side bar. Hopefully, I can re-educate myself to the use of links in the body of my entries, I seem to have lost that bit of info in the whole brain reorganization that went along with the brutal head cold/sinus thing that plagued me late december/early january. Feeling much better , thanks, but I do seem to have lost a few braincells in the process. Hoping to master the new blogger by the weekend.

Wish me luck or leave helpful comments.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I haven't converted any of my Blogger blogs over yet...(Let's hear it for old school!)...but was recently asked to post to someone else's blog...and when I got in there (the new Blogger), I was like, DANG, this is SO MUCH EASIER (to add stuff to the template). Sheesh. But I'll still go unwillingly into the newer version. ;)

P.S. Does the new version have any kind of setting (i.e., comment moderation, etc.) that would allow you to let those of us who identify other than Blogger to post comments? (I can't help thinking that allowing only Google/Blogger users to comment always puts off a fair share of commenters. At least it does me when I come across blogs with those settings.)

Caffeinated Librarian said...

Ah, so the sinus goblin got you too. Yeah, don't know to many people who escaped it this Dec. Glad you're starting to feel like you again. And thank you for your recent comment; it was good to hear from you again.

The new Blogger isn't too bad, once you get used to it. As for Marilyn's question (which you've probably already answered), the answer is "yes." It's the settings area under "comments" - you just set "who can comment" to "everyone."