Sunday, January 14, 2007

Almost Normal

I think I'm ready to start back to a normal work week. The ridiculous coughing has subsided and I no longer need a box of kleenex within reach every minute. This, of course, all made possible by an outrageously expensive antibiotic for which I paid full price because, ya know, you gotta pay your deductible out of the gate in January again. I'm not as sure that I am ready to start my new year though I did do a bit of cleaning and such this weekend which made me feel accomplished. It is an odd sensation to have a head cold. You can't think. You just can't. I consoled myself with the fact that this was merely a device to clear out all the junk and trivia and unnecessary bits of information that I've stored in my head over the last year so I'd have more memory. Wouldn't it be nice if it did work that way. Still, for days there I didn't have much brain activity whatsoever besides where's the kleenex, where's the juice, chicken soup or beef barley. The day I had an actual clear headed thought I was elated to notice a sign of a return to normal.

Meanwhile, those resolutions. Ha! I don't make resolutions. What I was referring to in my previous post was simply reassessing my goals for the year. Most of those goals this year concern paying the mortgage on time and a very long wish list for my house. That and clearing out stuff I still am coming across which I most certainly can live without. There's another trip to the donation center and once that is done I think I will start my new year.

In other news, my little blog got herself a mention in the Carson Times this past week. Little bit of a thrill there.

There's also an article in the current Sports Illustrated about a college basketball player, Nick Fazekas, who plays for the UNR Wolfpack.

While I go back to my dashboard and figure out how to add links for the two items above...I'll leave you with a photo I wanted to put up for you in 2006 and ran out of time....

1st Snow of the Season, Dec. 17, 2006 from my front porch

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Go on with your bad self, girl! (Just Googled the Carson Times article...nice mention.) ;)

amandazen said...

Wow how neat to be mentioned in the Carson Times. Congrats!

Amanda :)