Thursday, June 22, 2006

AuRevoir Bob


I found Bob's mom. During one of Bob's visits I put a collar on him with a note taped to it asking if the owner of the cat we call Bob would call me. She called. She lives four houses up on the corner of our street. She was very grateful that we contacted her. Especially when we told her we were moving and if no one claimed Bob, Bob would be moving too...so strong has my attachement to Bob become. She seemed very suprised that Bob had taken up residence here part-time. She claimed that Bob came home every night. Ha, that Bob...catting around in my yard at all hours while Bob's mom thinks Bob is home safe in bed...Bob must be a teenager. She laughed that we named Bob since we obviously have no respect for gender. She calls Bob Monkey, having no respect for species. Still, I am grieving the loss of Bob's company. Bob was here for almost a week after we spoke to Bob's mom. Then suddenly Bob no longer appeared. No Bob for almost 10 days. I miss Bob. Bob was very attentive and liked to be scratched and would sit in my lap and just hang out. Bob was a very relaxing end to my work days. Bob was just a great, sweet cat and I will miss that sweet face.

4 comments:

Becca said...

what a sweet story. The conversation with bob the monkey's owner made me laugh.
Maybe Zeke needs buddy. housewarming gift?

The G Family said...

You'll just have to get a new Bob....

Marilyn said...

Aw...maybe an even better Bob will show up at your new place... ;)

Hey, guess who I saw play last night? Paul Revelli. I would have NEVER known it was him. DAMN. We're OLD. HA! And did he always do that weird thing with his mouth when he played? :) (We went to Sweetwater to see Bonnie Hayes...)

Dolores said...

Hey, didn't we go to the Sweetwater one time????