Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Heart Day

It's Valentine's Day. It's my birthday. I have chocolate cupcakes and a box of See's candy so all of my expectations have been met. I am turning an age that is an even number which always gives me a peaceful feeling. I don't know why. I got a call today from an office I interviewed with. They would like me to come in for a working interview later this week. This is a good present. Employment has been high on my wish list. The Winter Olympics are going strong and I will be happy to sit home tonight, have a pizza delivered and watch figure skating while I TiVo Gilmore Girls and House.

In the spirit of the day let us reflect on the words of Rainer Maria Rilke:
"For one human being to love another human being: that is perhaps the most difficult task that has been entrusted to us, the ultimate task, the final test and proof, the work for which all other work is merely preparation."

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I always think of you on V. Day...and remember with fondness your birthdays we spent together in S.F. ;)