Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Beat of a Different Drummer

I am busy these days, taking a class with this inspiring teacher.


Learning to play one of these:

I am having a hella good time. There is also a drum circle that is meeting on the River Walk in Reno on Sundays that I will be attending. Here's a snap of the area.

Meanwhile, two interesting websites to check out.

First, Nevada has developed a new online encyclopedia. For all things Nevada go here.

Also, there's a real time camera up watching a nest of baby peregrine falcons. You can check it out here. "Peregrine falcons are considered endangered in California with only 250 breeding pairs in the state" according to the Nevada Appeal.

Hopefully, I'll snap some picks at the drum circle sunday and also get a chance to check out the action at the Truckee River Whitewater Park for the big 3 day kayak extravaganza.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love that area of Reno. The city has done such a nice job on the River Walk. I just mentioned to my husband that I wanted to take another visit to Reno this summer (my uncle has a vacation home there). We'll have to see how gas prices are...

A drum circle sounds amazing! How cool.