Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend Wonders

Who knew that a pool 3 feet deep and 6 feet wide could provide a waterfall of fun. My sis has such a pool in her yard. This is a handy recreational perk when your grandchildren come to visit.
It was the site of two days of ridiculous, watery fun.


Count: One Mother, One Sister, One grown Niece,
one small nephew, one small niece
My 80 year old mother instigated a water fight from outside the pool that lasted at least an hour, losing, easily, 3 inches of water...wearing out 3 squirt guns and only succeeding in getting my mother into the pool, in all her clothes plus sneakers, after the hour and only after my sister and niece got out of the pool and manhandled her into it. Hilarious. Our YaYa is hecka strong, sneaky, and stubborn. She wasn't going in and was a complete exasperation to all in the pool.

Both my little niece and nephew are fish. They love the water and are great swimmers. Their goggles made me laugh and make their eyes look kinda goofy. My favorite thing is tipping them over off of whatever floatee they have claimed. You wouldn't know that you can get up to three floatees in this space but you can and it makes things pretty interesting. I was so proud of their skills, holding their breath, swimming under water...going, going, going.....

There is also ample concrete track around the patio for some serious racing. This little guy is a major speed demon who doesn't much mind crashing one bit!

Nature Girl

This little one will try anything her older brother does. She's gonna grow up tough, however, she is every bit the princess who likes pretty dresses and finding a quiet spot to spin a tale and rest a bit.

Two days of total Auntie-dom: Awesome!




2 comments:

mary ann said...

I enjoyed your family ~ thanks for the photos. So glad you liked "Pattern Recognition", isn't the shero (ahem) something? And good for you with the tool belt!

J said...

Your mom rocks. That's all I have to say.