Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Rock Out

Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.
-Frank Lloyd Wright-


By the title you might think I would be sharing my latest iTunes downloads or a particularly great rock and roll story, even perhaps commenting on American Idol, though rock would be a stretch. Alas, I'm talking rocks, literally, rocks. Like all the ones I have in my backyard. I've got a lotta rocks.


Inspired by rocks? Suprisingly yes! Thanks to the blogosphere I've seen many rocks transformed in to lovely little creative pieces of art. Like these over at Marilyn's and
these from the fabulous Linda Davick.

Who knew there was so much rock fun going on. I am looking at my rocks in a whole new light. In the spirit of my rocks I thought a few weeks back "I'd love to find a heart shaped rock." The universe only took a few weeks to deliver. Saturday I found my rock in my yard.


It's a bit of a blurry photo, such is my excitement. It is most perfectly a heart shaped rock and it even is flat in one spot so it sits like this on the counter. How COOL is that! I may paint it, I may leave it in its natural form to remind me of the perfection of nature or something equally philosophical. I am currently painting a rock to use as a door stop. Sure, it looks like a 2nd grade art project. Who cares...it is art rock or rock art or something along the lines of rock and art.



Meanwhile, I am tiring of the starts and stops to the end of winter and anxiously awaiting spring. The signs are there but the weather seems to stall just when it picks up too much momentum in a string of sunny, warm days. My lilac bushes are starting to pop the tiniest bit of foreshadowing of what is to come. Behold the bud:



As I was wandering around the yard today taking stock of what needs to be done I wondered "Would the mystery pansy make an appearance this year?" Imagine my excitement when I spotted this:
Though my yard appears sparse and rocky, the signs of spring are everywhere and I am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

3 comments:

Shelby said...

yay for spring.. the rocks are swell :)

Yolanda said...

I Too love rocks and collect heart rocks.

Marilyn said...

I heart rocks...and don't spend nearly enough time playing with them. :) Know what I REALLY love though? RIVER ROCKS. Those babies really get me. :) Love your heart rock!